Friday, October 21, 2011

Ouch.

When the sidewalk up and attacked me, I planted firmly onto the concrete, hands down.  Graceful. The first thing that went through my mind was "OUCH!" but then the second thing that went through my mind was... oh my gosh, my palm, it's turning blue!  The scientific excitement of watching my palm swell up and turn blue with little red specks instantly translated into "so this is what a fresh bruise looks like on the palm".  I cataloged this visual artifact for future theatre productions... bruises are very useful.  Sometimes it's a little disconcerting how much I know about trauma wounds and kill shots.  I wonder what other people think about their fresh bruises if they have no purpose for them other than use as decorations to garner sympathy with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Using what you know! Mom