Sunday, May 25, 2008

Waiting around... (an update)

At times the life of a theatrical is like a long anxious spring break with no money... yep it's called unemployment.  This past week I had cleared for a job that I thought would start right away on.  I attended the first rehearsal and was ready for the designer to tell me "ok lets start fittings on Saturday".  It's a short turn around, most designers are anxious to start right away.  Not so. The designer told me "I want to start fittings next Thursday" leaving me a week and a half that I could have been working off my debts.  

I am unemployed.

I am broke.

I am bored.

I had such a frenzy preparing for this week that everything is clean.  Everything is ready.  I even made myself a summer shirt... 

It's hard to be too upset about an unplanned "vacation" but without any money to do anything in addition to the fact that I had rejected work makes it rather lame.  
On Thursday I got a call to help out for emergency stitching on Friday and Saturday... Hallelujah! 

No comments: